Thursday, September 4, 2008

Motivation/Inspiration

For most new college students freshmen year throws us into a new world where responsibility for our actions is solely ours. In order to achieve our educational goals we have to be determined and find inspiration. When we were at home we had our loved ones to push us to do our work and check on our progress but along with our new freedom comes the need for inspiration. Inspiration can be hard for new students to find when they are without their friends and family so how do they do it? Is one source of inspiration more meaningful than another? Is it better to be inspired by the achievments of others or by someone in your life who believes in you? Is inspiration necessary for success? How have you found inspiration/motivation?

--LM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think motivation is necessary for success. Without motivation you are less likely to get things done. Motivation doesnt mean you will always like what you are doing but you will get the task at hand done. I have found my inspiration/motivation from friends since my family isn't always around now that I am in college. They encourage me in school and help me when I feel like quitting therefore, I think being inspired by others is more effective than being inspired by the achievments of others.

Anonymous said...

we all need motivation, i never want to go to class. If it wasent for my room mate practically being my mother i would never go to class. I try to motivate myself in a way, because im the one paying all this money for classes, not my mommy or daddy. If i fail a class thats my money gone, and to me that unexceptable

Anonymous said...

I deff. believe you need motivation to have success. I know if i was not interested in my major at all, I would not worry about my grades or GPA or even over achieve everything. I never did that in high school, it probally because the classes I took in high school never interested me.