Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Catching a Bit of Homesickness

When you first come to college you’re excited and anxious. A new place with new faces is a cure to any hometown drama. The first two weeks were filled with fun activities & figuring out this new place you call home. Now that the true colors of college are beginning to show is when people or at least me start to have problems. My family and friends keep telling me that this is normal and that it will come to an end but I just don’t see that. I’ve thought frequently about transferring next year or even next semester. I often wonder, am I the only one that feels like this? Out of my friends, that seems to be the case. I’m hoping I’m not the only one, but when in this state of mind, it’s hard to be optimistic. School is becoming harder and harder each day & the stress just keeps piling on to the point of being extremely overwhelmed. I’d love advice if someone has it!

-AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same. I just miss my home and going to New York City every weekend. I miss my boyfriend mostly which does'nt help. I asked my parents if i could transfer but my dad says no-way!you picked this school that's where you're going. I hope in time it gets better, because i feel like I am stuck here.