Friday, September 21, 2007

How Far Should Free Speech Go?

I really liked this article [Bowling Alone]. It was alot easier for me to understand than the Freire article. The one thing that bothered me about it though was the part about the KKK. They said they want to be a part of the community. I don't know about anyone else but I don't really want to see the KKK cleaning a highway. These people perform hate crimes against other races, why should they be allowed to do this. I feel very strongly about this and I want to hear everyone elses opinion about it.



--Mathess

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was also pretty bothered when I read that in the article. My first reaction was I can't really see why they wanted to help out for reasons as simple as they are a hate group. I mean everybody should get a chance to help out in the community, but I hate to say it- it would be too risky to let the KKK out in reach with the community.