Saturday, September 15, 2007

Did You Catch What Happened On Thursday?

Driving down university Thursday after noon minding my own business, on my way to get some lunch. When I drive up to campus I’m greeted at the mountain lair with huge pictures of dead babies from abortion. I know there is freedom of speech and I know abortion is a horrible thing but do we need to be surrounded by dead fetuses to get the point? Is there not enough you can do vocally to get the message out. I understand that people need to see the results of abortion in order to change their minds, but when is enough too much. Everywhere you looked there were dead babies with the protestors merely holding up the sign. Could the message have been effectively sent with less pictures and more communication. -- Carlson

4 comments:

JG said...

Keep in mind that this isn't necessarily about whether abortion = bad or abortion = good. Carlson is talking about the methods they used.

I actually went and held sheets and posters for about 45 minutes. I was there when one of the men attacked Brit (the president of FMLA) and they took the picture for the Dominion Post. I was about three steps away from him, because I thought he was going to hit her.

Ash_the_Stampede said...

I think they had a visuals are louder than vocals thought in mind. And in some cases, yes, this is true. I agree that there could have been more vocal action but some people just don't want to stop and listen. So for the ones who don't, get a big picture of a mutilated fetus to the face.

Either way they get there point out otherwise I wouldn't be leaving a comment and you wouldn't have used it as a topic. Does that make sense? o.o

Anonymous said...

I was there and i watched the whole thing hurt and angry. I support freedom of speech but i also support all freedoms that we as americans enjoy, i dont think its ok to pick and choose. People are always demonstrating their freedom of speech in order to speek against the freedoms of others that they dont agree with. Hypocritical much?

JG said...

I think it was mainly for the shock value. Screaming at people about how evil they are over a megaphone rarely changes anybody's mind.