Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Stealing Common Everywhere

I have heard many stories of how people get things stolen from them in
different places all around the world. It disgusts me to hear this
because it is unnecessary and unfortunate that it happens. Last night
my friend got his wallet stolen at Club Z. I would have never of
thought that someone here in Morgantown, WV would do anything like
that. My other friend got his wallet stolen in New York City and had
to walk 40 blocks to get back to Penn. Station to use his train ticket
which was the only thing that wasn't stolen. I have also had friends
in foreign countries have their passports stolen from them without
them even noticing until hours after it happened. There are gypsies in
some countries that rely on pickpocketing to survive which is very
sad. I just wish that no one would steal and be content with what they
have. We are guilty of this and we are the ones who can stop it.

-- Sinclair

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that people in the world resort to stealing also. I've heard stories here of houses being broken into, or people breaking into cars and trying to jump start them. I wish people would think about how the person they are stealing from is going to feel when they get back, or maybe think about how they would feel if someone did that to them. I think stealing is a terrible thing and it is hard for me to understand why someone would want to hurt someone else by doing it.

Anonymous said...

My senior year of high school I got the brand new video Ipod for Christmas. I had it for about two months before I took it on Senior trip with me. I left it in the room one day and when I came back it was gone. I think it is pretty sad that people need to steal. What is sadder is that I come from a pretty wealthy area and no one in my school is really poor so there is no real reason to steal. What is also sad is that it was probably someone who I was friends with.