Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Are We the New Hippies?

Is history repeating itself? I think so. When you look at the world
today, I think that our generation is a lot like the hippie generation
of the 60s. We're in a war that a lot of people in the country
disagree with. They had Vietnam. We're fearful of terrorism,
thinking that it could strike at any time. They were afraid of
Communism and the Soviet Union. A lot of our generation doesn't trust
the government. That generation didn't trust the government. I think
that our generations share a lot of similarities.

-- Reed


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do see the similarities. I do not think that hippie is the right word for our generation now though. If it is than the term "hippie" has a different meaning now. These days a hippie is more like a political activitist.The hippies of today are not all long-haired, tie-dye dressed, pot smoking,hitch hikers, like the stereotypical hippies of the 60's.

Anonymous said...

I see where you are coming from, but I don't think we are hippies. i mean, come on! when was the last time you wore a flower in your hair? Also, we shower...... or at least I hope! I think some of our views are the same, but I don't think I would go as far as saying that history is repeating itself, not quite yet.