Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"How Fast Can Your Car Go?"

Thinking back to when I was a sophomore in high school I can remember
when everybody would turn 16 and come to school in their new sweet car.
I'm from a pretty nice area where everybody has at least $250,000 homes
and all the parents each have a nice SUV. They then go and buy their
kids a brand new 8 cylinder car. I think it's crazy that these kids
have these cars that can reach max speeds in seconds. They are probably
the reason all the kids have so many accidents. I heard numerous
stories about two guys deciding to race and how the one kids car was so
much better and faster then the others. I know it can be fun to race
and see how fast your car can go but don't you think that maybe you
should first become a decent driver before attempting it? I think that
parents should only be allowed to buy their teenagers four cylinder cars
until they are at least 18 so that when they attempt to reach max speed
at least it's not as high a speed as cars kids are driving right now can
go up to. It'd probably help reduce the amount of accidents.

McCleese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not think we need to regulate what type of car a parent can buy for their child.I do find it crazy that a parent would buy thier child a brand new car let alone an 8-cylinder. I do not think that a parent should not be allowed to though. Those kids should feel fortunate that their parents bought them a car.It shows no respect for thier parents if they go out and race it.If the kid gets in an accident than they will not have that care anymore.I am sure the parents would feel horrible if anything ever did happen to thier child or someone else because of an accident.Driving is a privilege not a right and parents can take that away just like the police.