Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Has Your Assignment Gotten You In a Twist?

I am kind of nervous about this new "service learning" aspect for
English 101. I think going out into the community and helping an
organization will be very beneficial, if done successfully. I'm
nervous about the actual interview though. I've never really conducted
a formal interview before. Sure I've been interviewed in the past, but
its not quite the same as being the interviewer. I'm worried about
what I'm actually going to say in this interview. Also, today in class
we were told how great and helpful all of the past students were with
this unit. I am a little worried about "living up to their standards."
My other concern is I'm not from Morgantown, so I really do not know
much about the organizations. What are your thoughts on this "service
learning" piece?

Laura Scarton

1 comment:

Malcomb said...

I understand completely how you feel about the interview part of this assignment. I have been having the same feelings. But at the same time i think that it will definitely be benefical to our college experience. It seems definitely more difficult since I am not familiar with the Morgantown area. I dont like the assignment but i guess i will get over it.