Thursday, April 5, 2007

Words From The Wise

So....now that you've actually been on a Spring Break, what words of wisdom do you have to offer to other Spring Breakers coming up behind you?

Even though Spring Break is suppose to be a “break” from school, you still need to stay on task. By saying this I mean you still need to study, read, do homework, ECT… It is important that you stay on top of your academic performance. Going an entire week without studying and so forth will most likely result in one forgetting important information. A professor usually does not take it easy on students to give them time to get back into the swing of things. Most professors start right back into full swing. So you better be prepared and ready to get right back to work. A student does not want to come back from Spring Break lost and behind on work. Especially since there is only a few weeks left in the semester when students return from Spring Break. It would be almost impossible to play “catch up” this late in the semester. Your grade in the class would mostly like suffer the consequences. My advice is while on Spring Break is enjoy yourself and have fun, but take just a little time each day to study and review material for each one of your classes. It truly will be worth the extra time and effort. -Yearsley

Coming out of my first spring break as a college student, I think I had a little differnt experience than most other students. My parents booked my families vacation in accordance to my sisters spring break, not my own. So while i did get a nice break away from school, I also came back to school almost clueless about what had happened in the week i missed. And on top of that I only had 5 days to catch up before WVU went on break. Needless to say, I am still playing catchup and now that its all over im not to sure i want to go through this again. My advice is to stick to your own schools spring break rather than someone elses if at all possible. It saves a world of grief.-Michel

Spring break is the time to just chill. There is so much talk about how when you're in college, you have to go somewhere like Cancun or something. But honestly, most people just go home to see family or go somewhere relaxing with friends. It's the time to catch up on work or even get ahead. You just take time at your own pace. There are stories out there though about the kids who do get wild on Spring Break. Those are the stories that make you think twice about your crazy plans. If you're lucky enough to hear those stories before your first experience then good for you. The most important thing is to stay safe, have fun, and just relax. You're in the home stretch. -- Szykowny

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being on spring break for the first time as a college student, you have two choices. You can either go to an exotic location with family or friends and forget about all the daily stressors, or you can relax at home and just take it easy. For me, i had an unusual circumstance, because i had to go on vacation with my family 2 weeks before my spring break even started. So when ariving back to school, i felt that i was ready for school and prepared to finish up the semester. Being behind almost a week's worth of work, i only had 4 days until i went back home. This through me off so much when i got back to school from spring break that i literally had no idea what was going on in my classes. My suggestion is to not miss a weeks worth of classes before spring break at all costs. Because no mater how prepared you are, your going to be totally out of things when you come back.

-Michel

Anonymous said...

Spring break is the time to just chill. There is so much talk about how when you're in college, you have to go somewhere like Cancun or something. But honestly, most people just go home to see family or go somewhere relaxing with friends. It's the time to catch up on work or even get ahead. You just take time at your own pace. There are stories out there though about the kids who do get wild on Spring Break. Those are the stories that make you think twice about your crazy plans. If you're lucky enough to hear those stories before your first experience then good for you. The most important thing is to stay safe, have fun, and just relax. You're in the home stretch.

Anonymous said...

Spring Break is suppose to be fun, but for many of us we do not get the luxury of getting out of West Virginia to go somewhere nice. If that is the case I suggest that everyone manage their time wisely because before you know it you are back in school with none of your assignments finished. That may cause some conflict. I would try to get all my school work done first and then you can go out and not have to worry about it.

Anonymous said...

Spring break to me is a laid back time to enjoy with family and friends. This year however, i had lots of assignments and test that came up right as i got back from break. I don't like the idea of giving so much work but it did keep me on task so that i didn't come back with a "careless" attitude. I'm not sure how i feel about my spring break this year but i hope that the next break is work free!

Anonymous said...

It's up to each person to decide how he or she spends their spring break. Some will prefer to catch up on work, while others will do nothing. For me, spring break was a time to allow myself to recharge physically and mentally. I slept in everyday and watched a bunch of movies, and it was great! I came back to school fully rested, and haven't missed a beat.
--Kang

Anonymous said...

Spring break was great. After midterms you need time to chill and relax. It gives you some time to take for yourself before you have to study for finals. The only problem is that I think it's almost too late. Now that I know we have less than a month I don't feel like doing too much.

Anonymous said...

My advice would be to DO NOTHING and just relax. Go home and see your friends. I didn't get to do much of that, and wish I would've. I chose to work over spring break which is nice for the money, but sucks as far as relaxing. Everyone, especially college students, needs some more R&R (rest and relaxation) and spring break is a good time to do it.
-Kave

Anonymous said...

When going on spring break the best advice I can give is to just relax. Everyone says to take home your books so you can get ahead, or study for exams. This would be a waste because no matter what you say you are going to do over break homework wise will not happen. I alwyas have high expectations and good intentions for completing work, but during this spring break I did not even unzip my bookbag. The best advise I can give is to actually take a complete break from work for a couple days and then if you have something you absolutly need to do then proceed, otherwise just sit back and relax!

--Andrew

Anonymous said...

Spring break gave me a chance to do what I love doing most and that is making me money! I got to work almost everyday and then relax and spend time with my family in my free time. I got to also visit my boyfriend, which was much needed! I didn't go on any trips or anything, it just felt good to be home again. It was a little tease, I somewhat had my mind in the sense that school was over! What a joke, huh? But yeah, I loved my spring break and CAN'T WAIT until summer, hahaha!

-O'Roke

Anonymous said...

After being on spring break for the first time there is some advice I would like to give. I saved up some of my work to do while for spring break, and well that never happened. I was too busy seeing old friends and well resting to do homework. So some advice I would give is to probably do your homework before break and even after if you can because it probabaly won't get done over break. Also I would say to go somewhere warm because I was in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and well it SNOWED!! And if I had to do it all over I would be going to the beach!
-Stephanie Learn

Anonymous said...

Spring Break for was a time to sleep, i still did homework and helped at my high school, but it is a time for relaxed work. there is no rush to do your work, but it still needs to get done.