Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dorm Floor Peer-relationships

I'm from a fairly small town in Lindenwold, New Jersey. Nothing too exciting goes on there, that's why I decided to go to West Virginia University! After seeing a football game on T.V. I knew that WVU was always going to have a place in my heart, winning Class Clown and Most School Spirited at my high school, encouraged me to apply to WVU, because I wanted to share that with thousands of Freshmen that were like me and completely different. I NEVER in a thousand years, thought I'd know every person on my floor in Brooke Towers! The fifth floor of Brooke Towers is absolutely poppin, we all know each other and I love that feeling. The other night, we had movie night in this kid's dorm and just tonight, we had a dance party, that soon got busted because it was after quiet hours! Oops! I walk around Brooke Towers all the time and I don't see any hallway that is as social as ours. Just about every person on the fifth floor of Brooke Tower has the door open, on any other floor, most of the doors are shut. This hallway has made me come out of my shell a little bit, when I first got here, I was home sick and I didn't know how I was going to survive a whole year here. But my floor has made it so much fun and I can truly say that if I was on another floor, I would absolutely dread living in the dorms!

- Samantha Messner

Is this similar or dissimilar to your experiences in the dorms? -- JG

3 comments:

Janel Doherty said...

That sounds so awesome! People on my floor are friendly with eachother but we're not as friendly as you guys lol. I'm on the 3rd floor of Brooke and I still love it though! I'm from Jersey too actually and I won class clown too, thats weird! But I'm glad you like it here too!

-Janel Doherty

Megan :) said...

This is totally dissimlar to the experience I share in my dorm. I live in Lincoln Hall on the fourth floor and I have to admit, I love it here. However, I could only tell you maybe the names of four people total on our whole floor. Our dorm offers various activities for us to get involved in and the majority of the time, everyone is off doing their own thing. Normally, things stay fairly quiet around our parts, which is excellent for studying and writing the many papers that our english professor loves to assign us (laughing out loud). Everyone tends to keep to themselves on our floor, which I'm not totally sure is a good thing or bad. Catch this, my own suite mates rarely ever speak to us, AND WE SHARE AN ADJOINING BATH! Maybe the members on our floor are really busy or maybe they are just anti-social. Heck, for all I know, it might just be me, ut oh ! :)


- Megan Thomas

Zach Wied said...

I can relate to you Sam. I love my floor. I live on the 5th floor of Bennet; it's a co-ed floor. I know everybody on the floor and everybody's doors are always open. I like knowing that I can just stroll down the hallway and chill in somebody else' room. Haha and I won biggest flirt in my school. I figured I would share that since everyone else was sharing their senior superlatives.